Friday, October 06, 2006

Time to get back going again...

It's Friday, and I've realized that I am done with my break. I've been breaking, on and off, since Ironman, although I never really felt like I had a complete break as I had the Portland Marathon to train for. However, I definitely have not been in any kind of serious "training mode". And my lakadazical training levels have been a welcome change from the rigours of a summer of Ironman training....

But I am ready to get going again.

In one more week I start my first swim training session on Saturdays, and this week I'll begin the conditioning program that I had planned on doing. It's a combination of flexibility, strength training and balancing exercises to improve my functional strength and my range of motion.

There are a lot of things I hope to accomplish this year. Dean and I are already talking about meeting up sometime in the next week to go over it. With him as my triathlon coach and Paul as my strength and conditioning advisor, I'm just looking for a nutrition plan to round out the big three.

No comments: