Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Nutrition talk

Ooh, this is one of the topics that makes me cringe. A conversation about nutrition is akin to a conversation about the many facets of everybody elses relationships... It just drains me to think about it.

So, I have decided it's time to keep it simple, stupid. Rather than overwhelming myself and my brain with thoughts of "body cleanses" and strict veggan diets, all of whom I admit would probably be useful and add years to my life, I'm going to just break it down to the basics:

1) Always eat my breakfast. I have a habit of skipping this in lieu of an extra half hour of sleep. I know how important that is. Especially since I am starting to swim more in the morning. I am going to eat a little fruit, and a cup of yogurt, before that swim workout.
2) After my morning workout, a little more substantial. A real breakfast. Eggs, cereal, etc. Something to replenish me from the workout in the morning, and get me through the day.
3) Lunch - something light. A salad with a little chicken, or soup and a half sandwich. A little meat.
4) Afternoon - some nuts or a protein bar, a pre-workout quick snack.
5) Dinner - post workout... A bigger meal but focus more on having more salad, etc.

I also will carry food during all bike sessions, depending on the length.

Just keep it simple. I've eliminated the fast food other than a Subway sandwich or Quizno's already, but I still just need to keep the food steady and purposeful.
Try to eat right 80% of the time, and allow myself the 20% for indulgences (i.e. gelato and hot dogs!)

There ya go, done... Cut to commercial, and problem solved... Right?

Comments welcome :).....

No comments: