Friday, May 26, 2006

Santa Barbara Day Three

I have been in Santa Barbara now for three days. This morning a buddy and I ran down from our house on the top of Grant Avenue, to Sterne’s Wharf and back up. All told it was about 6 miles, and we completed it in just under 50 minutes. Yesterday I found two running shops, the Santa Barbara Running Company and OutFooters. I was looking for a pair of Asics DS Trainers, since I can get them here in the U.S. for about $100 instead of the $180 that I would pay in Canada. The Santa Barbara Running Company is also attached to Hazard Cycles, so you get a full swig of the triathlon gear there. They have some great bikes and gear. I am certain if I ever opened up a triathlon store this is how I would do it. Have two stores merged together, each with staff to assist in their specialty (bike staff and run staff). Awesome store, though. The website is http://www.sbrunningco.com

This week, since the race on Wednesday, has become one of lighter runs and, well, not much else. I have plans to run a 10-miler on Sunday before we head out for some wine tours. The course is the same as the long course for the Santa Barbara Triathlon in August.

So, I am quite relaxed and enjoying a week of reduced training. I’ll be ready as rain to get going again the moment I get back… But it is nice to get away for a few days!

No comments: