Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend training report


Drinking... some dancing... some more drinking...
Okay, that was most of the weekend, as I was at my brothers wedding all day Saturday.

BUT, fear not, my merry band, I did, in fact, get a nice ride in on Sunday. And "nice" it was. The weather was absolutely outstanding. After lamenting that I would be missing my first chance to ride the Ironman course, I managed to put together a wonderful little jaunt from Kerrisdale, to Horseshoe Bay, to Deep Cove, and back up to Kerrisdale. All by way of a short stop at Kits Beach for a beer with my brother and his new wife, and a stop in Deep Cove for some Honey's donuts... The donuts, I have to say, MAKE the ride.

But the beer at Kits didn't hurt either. And, after all that, I truly realized what a joy it is to bike when the sun is out, the weather is warm, and you can relax and enjoy the whole process. Biking with a hangover, even, seems okay in the sun...

Total time? 5 hours 30 minutes
Total distance? Your guess is as good as mine

Plan for today: bike workout with Tri One Multisport at 6:20pm...

No comments: