Monday, August 14, 2006



Liones had his blanket... I have my bat. It's a Louisville Slugger that I picked up in Louisville in 2002 while going to my buddy's wedding. It's custom made at the actual Louisville Slugger baseball bat factory.

I digress, but it's a little security blanket and it helps me when I need to think.

Which I am doing. Right now, though, it's thinking about the race. I ran a 30k slow run yesterday as my last long run and felt great afterwards. I actually was surprised at how effortless it all was. I had worried about my fitness heading into the weekend because I just felt very lethargic. Even though I know it's all part of tapering it still is easier to talk practically than to feel it. You just don't feel right when you're tapering properly...

I feel much, much better. Dr's appointment Thursday for the cast!

No comments: