Sunday, October 22, 2006

I think I used my 20% this weekend...

They say be good 80% of the time and "indulge" yourself 20% of the time...

Well, I think I just used up my 20% for a while... I was at my cousin's wedding and ate and drank myself into the depths of nutritional hell. I worked hard all week and managed to stick to a new plan of eating largely fruit and vegetables as snacks and always making sure I had a salad at every meal, and, well, that all went out the window.

So, it's back to day 1 again. Today I did a little departure and went mountain biking with my brother for about an hour. I have really not been mountain biking since I was in high school, and I can't even really remember that much about it. But it was a blast. We trekked through the endowment lands and I was amazed at the difference in skill required than riding a road bike. Just the handling, quick turns and downhills that were a little more fraught with... obstacles.

So I need to practice more and more, but I can see this as a great sideline activity to my training as the winter arrives soon.

No comments: