Saturday, October 14, 2006

Online changes...

I have been searching for some new ways to publish this blog for a few days. I wasn't happy with the format or with the overall "look" of this diary, and I also have been trying to figure out a bit more "purpose" to having such a public expression of myself available for all to see. After getting some e-mails from strangers and friends alike, I realize that, as compelling as my story is :), I also think having something actually "valuable" to talk about once and a while would be nice.

So, I've done a little revamping to my little diary. Really, I am trying hard to justify it's existence... As if that wasn't immediately obvious. I figure, "why should someone come and read this blog?" and so I've added a couple of things. You'll notice the link to "Race Reports" has been added. I went through my archives and found all my race reports for the year and added them as a new link for easy reference.

Partly I think this is just housecleaning. It's nice to log in and be happy about the look of what you are using on a daily basis. This has almost nothing to do with the Ironman, or life, or triathlons, or life, or anything of significance (life)... Just part of my own mid-life blog crisis.....

I think, though, with a little bit more of a better look, I'll be able to link up actual "information" and training tips so that anybody reading this can actually find something. Plus, I think adding easy links to other websites makes this a great homepage for myself.

Yeah, a little self-indulgent, but if you've been reading this long enough you know that's not exactly a sore spot with me.

I also worked on my preliminary budget for Ironman 2007.... Ready for it??? I have a projected $11,500 budget for the year... Add in the $2,400 bike purchase and this makes sense, but even I was shocked. At SOME point, you have to think this sport will get cheaper... With my "new look blog" I'll post the budget, as soon as I've fine-tuned it...

As for training, I've been sticking primarily to running this past week and have gotten in 4 runs of 40-50 minutes each. I'm keeping to the Mark Allen philosophy of base building, and keeping my heart rate in the 155-163 range for all the runs, and trying my best never to exceed it. In a couple of hours I start my swim training with Deano, and we're off to the races.

No comments: