Sunday, October 15, 2006

Off season training...

Enter the last week of full recovery. I'll be starting some routines again this week, namely adding a couple of swim workouts... Otherwise I am still in the "exercise when I feel like it" mode for the rest of the week.

After a somewhat lazy day of breakfast, tea and just some general housecleaning, I've decided to skip a run I thought I would get in this afternoon. To be truthful, the weather outside right now is just plain ugly. It's raining like crazy and my motivation level to get out there just is not there. So, I'm taking the day off...

I've realized I need a new pair of runners, and I think now is as good a time as any to start exploring a couple of new options. My Asics DS Trainers, the "shoe of choice" for a few years, are fine, but lately I have found that I might consider something with a little more "cushioning support" and less pronation control. Especially since I don't anticipate running more than 45 minutes for a few weeks at a time anyway. It's a great time to try to improve my running technique and start using a more neutral show. I also have my Nike Free's, the so-called "barefoot runners", to start training with and this would be a great time to try them out. I'm going to start with them on Tuesdays during some form workouts on the track with them...

Starting on the 23rd, I'm going for 3 days of swimming, 2 biking and 2 running days, with 3 strength training workouts. This should go on for about 7-8 weeks or so.

For this week, though, maybe 3-4 hours max!

No comments: