Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tuesday musings - Yoga...

Since I have received my "Yoga for Endurance Athletes" DVD, I have lost that natural excuse of mine NOT to stretch. The DVD only takes about 20 minutes so there really is no way to avoid it, and I am working up to 2-a-days on a few days. In fact, today I have already done one session and plan to do another before I go to sleep tonight.
I am still not feeling any more flexible, but I also recognize that my flexibility has shot itself down 6-feet under in the past year. I'm one stiff muchacho.

I have finally caught up in sleep, getting about 7 hours last night and 9 the night before. I am starting to ask myself questions like "if you stay up now, what will it cost you later?"

One thing I am learning with training is how much I am in need of structure. I am all for this off-season of relaxation, but I simply am not good at maintaining my fitness when I don't set up the routines... This does not bode well if I determine that my cost and schedule prohibit the coached workouts I so enjoyed last year.

My last intended triathlon purchase before the holidays are the pair of bike shoes I have on hold at Speed Theory until this weekend. This is part of my Ironman budget, as my 5 year old bike shoes, with holes and a little wear and tear in the sole department, simply won't survive another year... I'm surprised they survived this long.

Penny, one of my training partners who went to Vineman with me in 2005, is talking about doing the Wildflower. I would love to go but I think that will have to be a 2008 OR 2009 venture...

No comments: