Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My coach this week has given me a little reprive. I almost gagged when I saw that I had a 90 minute ride scheduled for this weekend. Based on the fact that most of my longer rides have extended into the 4 hour mark on most Saturdays, this almost feels like a vacation.
But boy do I need it. I have felt the steady buildup of mileage the past 2-3 months and, since Sunday, my legs have been tired. Also, I have had some trouble sleeping lately, which is a classic sign of overtraining. SO, backing off for a week is going to "do the body good".
No, I still have my two-a-days going and can't let up on a rest week, but it's nice to know they exist sometimes. Time to fuel up, sleep up, and get recharged for the next big push! The half ironman in June is just over two months away and I need to bike some serious hills in preparation.

No comments: