Monday, July 31, 2006

My motivation...

Well, just when I thought it was okay to relax…

I got this thought today about excuses, after watching a ball player was announced as being out of the lineup due to a hang nail. Now, I’m not going to debate whether or not he can still throw a baseball, but it got be thinking about common excuses about why we don’t pursue our dreams, or those things we’ve committed ourselves to.

This list usually include reason like:

1. sleeping in

2. staying out late

3. too hot

4. too much to do

5. summer is only time off

and so on and so on....

I started thinking if I ever want to be known for those excuses when my days training are over. Or do I want to known as a player who got all they could out of all they had?

This is just one Ironman, but it’s important to bring to it my best hand (given recent events that is an interesting play on words). This is what is driving my search for alternatives as I rehab my left hand. Who knows what I will end up with, but I won’t know unless I know that I have done everything I can do, training-wise to prepare for race day and arrive at the starting line in the best condition possible… That ALSO means taking care of the cast and injury and making sure I don’t jeopardize my recovery with foolhardy mistakes.

Food for thought…

No comments: