Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Last dance in Van...

Tonight's my last night in Vancouver before I head up for Penticton. I am slowly packing up my bags for the trip, and realizing more and more the beauty of packing light. Not that I am anywhere close, mind you, but as I pack everything in, I realize all the things I can take out and leave at home. Pack light and don't forget your shoes, bike... Everything else is replaceable...

I finished up my swim at Sasamat tonight with one loop of the entire lake. That came out to about 2,100 meters. And it felt good to finish, although I can definitely tell that the swim will continue to be a challenge on Ironman race day. My thumb not only hurts but the whole hand is a little tender. Plus, my arm is quite sore after 2100 meters. Lenka came with me, and I told her after it was great to get it done, as now I feel like I will be able to finish the 3.8k swim... It won't be a piece of cake by any stretch, but it will be done.

And that is all I ask for.

No comments: